Have you received a letter or notice from a tax agency and don’t know what to do next? The response you need to provide might be simple, or it might be very complex. We can help you interpret what the IRS is asking for so you can respond to the letter appropriately and put this behind you.
An IRS letter can be triggered in several situations:
- The agency notices a discrepancy on any of your tax returns and needs an explanation.
- An amount paid is short or over what the IRS or another tax agency calculates as due.
- You have been selected for an audit.
- You miss a payment deadline for taxes due.
- You miss a deadline for filing tax returns.
- You fail to respond to previous correspondence.
Please note: The IRS will never send you an email about any of the above situations. They always send physical letters. If you get an email, it’s a scam.